Periodical Acts for 1949
About this Item
- Acts for 1949
- This book is a compilation of the laws and regulations promulgated by the East Africa High Commission for 1949. The laws were issued in the name of, or on behalf of, His Majesty King George VI of Great Britain, and reflected the colonial status of East Africa-present-day Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda-at the time. The laws presented include the Interpretation Act, dealing with the interpretation of words and expressions; the Makerere College Act, concerning the governance, control, and administration of Makerere College (present-day Makerere University); the Statistics Act, covering the taking of censuses and the collection, compilation, analysis and publication of certain statistical information; acts relating to the financing of railways, harbors, posts, and telegraphs; acts relating to financial matters such as the raising of revenues and allocation of expenditures; and the East African Naval Force Act. The latter act led several years later to the establishment of the Royal East African Navy, a small combined naval force of the British territories in East Africa that was the precursor to the future navies of independent Kenya and Tanzania.
- East Africa High Commission.
Created / Published
- Nairobi : Government Printer, 1949.
- - Kenya--Nairobi Municipality--Nairobi
- - 1949
- - Census
- - Finance
- - Great Britain--Colonies
- - Law -- Terminology
- - Makerere University
- - Politics and government
- - Statutes and codes
- - "From the Uganda National Fisheries Resources Research Institute. Digitized at the National Library of Uganda with support from the Carnegie Corporation of New York."--Note extracted from World Digital Library.
- - Original resource extent: 330 pages : illustrations ; 24 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Uganda.
- - Content in English.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- - wdlserial complete
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
East Africa High Commission. Acts for. Nairobi: Government Printer, 1949. Periodical. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020741463/.
APA citation style:
East Africa High Commission. (1949) Acts for. Nairobi: Government Printer. [Periodical] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020741463/.
MLA citation style:
East Africa High Commission. Acts for. Nairobi: Government Printer, 1949. Periodical. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020741463/>.