Periodical Feminine Elegance: fortnightly fashion review. Eleganze femminili:
Show more resources (3)
About this Item
- Feminine Elegance: fortnightly fashion review.
- Eleganze femminili:
- Eleganze femminili: rivista quindicinale di mode (Feminine elegance: fortnightly fashion review) was an Italian fashion magazine, published from January to May 1911, which was sold by subscription in Italy and abroad. In addition to presenting the latest fashions by the most famous designers in Paris, London, and Vienna, Eleganze femminili reported on social occasions in high society and included articles on etiquette, women's interests, art, and the history of fashion throughout the centuries. It also offered readers the chance to obtain muslin or paper patterns of the designs shown in the magazine, and in fact advertised itself as being "a magazine for practical fashion that will enable anyone to make their own clothes." Shown here is the first issue, which is presented as "the first Italian journal to offer its readers the newest creations from the great fashion houses of the Rue de la Paix" in Paris.
Created / Published
- Rome : Enrico Voghera, 1911.
- - Austria--Vienna
- - France--Île-de-France--Paris
- - Italy
- - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland--England--London
- - Art
- - Clothing and dress
- - Dressmaking--Patterns
- - Fashion
- - Fashion--History
- - Manners and customs
- - Periodicals for women
- - Number 1 (January 1911)-number 10 (May 1911). World Digital Library data.
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource at: Alessandrina Library.
- - Content in Italian.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
- Feminine Elegance Magazine Collection
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Feminine Elegance: fortnightly fashion review. Rome: Enrico Voghera, 1911. Periodical. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020741466/.
APA citation style:
(1911) Feminine Elegance: fortnightly fashion review. Rome: Enrico Voghera. [Periodical] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020741466/.
MLA citation style:
Feminine Elegance: fortnightly fashion review. Rome: Enrico Voghera, 1911. Periodical. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020741466/>.