Audio Recording Maya Tseltal poet Adriana López Sántiz reading from her work
Maya Tseltal poet Adriana López Sántiz reading from her work
About this Item
- Maya Tseltal poet Adriana López Sántiz reading from her work
- Ms. Lopez describes her experience as a Maya poet and reads from a selection of her work in Tzeltal and Spanish.
- López Sántiz, Adriana del Carmen, 1982-
- Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Table of Contents: From book "Flor de siete pétalos:" "Ja', wojt nichim" (02:14); "Ella, una flor" (03:26); "Smuk'ul bejk'ajel" (04:14); "La gran venida" (05:08); "Alajel" (05:54); "Alumbramiento" (06:23); "Mayuk xiwel" (06:45); "Sin miedo" (07:28); "Ts'unel" (08:03); "Siembra" (08:23); "Memé" (08:37); "Memé" (09:05) -- From book "Mayuk sti'ilal xch'inch'unel k'inal -- Silencio sin fronteras:" "Slok'omba k'op o'tanil" (14:58); "Desolación" (16:53); "Sk'ak'al o'tanil" (18:47); "El calor del corazón" (19:37); "Sbujts' o'tanil" (20:13); "La alegría del corazón" (21:24) -- From book "Jalbil k'opetik -- Palabras tejidas:" "K'unil lajel" (23:24); "Agonía" (24:50); "Sts'ibujon" (26:00); "Yo escribo" (27:29); "K'otchoch mut" (28:37); "Pájara carpintero"(29:20); "K'onjex" (29:54); "Azulejo" (30:30).
- - Mexico--Poetry
- - Poems in Tzeltal Maya and Spanish.
- - Recorded for the Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape.
- - Aug. 30, 2019, in San Cristobal de las Casas, Chiapas, Mexico.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- [if born dig] 1 sound file (32 min.) : digital, WAV file (24 bit, 96 kHz)
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Collection is open for research. To request materials, please contact the Hispanic Reading Room at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.hisp/hispanic.contact
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to The PALABRA Archive for educational, reference, and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of the materials in the Collection.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Hispanic Division
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
López Sántiz, Adriana Del Carmen, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Maya Tseltal poet Adriana López Sántiz reading from her work. 2019. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020767100/.
APA citation style:
López Sántiz, A. D. C. & Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. (2019) Maya Tseltal poet Adriana López Sántiz reading from her work. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020767100/.
MLA citation style:
López Sántiz, Adriana Del Carmen, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Maya Tseltal poet Adriana López Sántiz reading from her work. 2019. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020767100/>.