Audio Recording Maya Tsotsil poet Cristina Pérez Martínez reading from her work
Maya Tsotsil poet Cristina Pérez reading from her work
About this Item
- Maya Tsotsil poet Cristina Pérez Martínez reading from her work
- Ms. Pérez Martinez describes her experience as a Maya Tsotsil poet and reads from a selection of her work.
- Pérez Martínez, Cristina
- Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Table of contents: From book "Yisimtak ts'unubi -- semilla y raices:" "Ma'ukon" (13:50); "No soy" (14:58); "Me'en o'onal" (15:39); "Soledad" (16:07); "Inata'm" (16:22); "Iguana" (16:54); "Ach'el ants" (17:13); "Mujer del barro" (17:51); "K'ak'al ts'unuvil" (18:13); "Semilla de fuego" (19:33) -- From book "Buch'u snainoj li vitse -- ¿Quién habita esta montaña?:" "Mujeres de la montaña" (21:05); "No eres sólo un recuerdo" (23:48); "La cosecha" (24:50).
- - Mexico--Poetry
- - Poems in Tsotsil Mayan and Spanish.
- - Recorded for the Archive of Hispanic Literature on Tape.
- - Recorded Aug. 31, 2019, in San Cristobal de las Casa, Chiapas, Mexico.
- - Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site.
- [if born dig] 1 sound file (29 min.) : digital, WAV file (24 bit, 96 kHz)
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Collection is open for research. To request materials, please contact the Hispanic Reading Room at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.hisp/hispanic.contact
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is providing access to The PALABRA Archive for educational, reference, and research purposes. The Library has obtained permission for the use of the materials in the Collection.
You are responsible for deciding whether your use of the items in this collection is legal. You are also responsible for securing any permissions needed to use the items. You will need written permission from the copyright owners of materials not in the public domain for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Some content may be protected under international law. You may also need permission from holders of other rights, such as publicity and/or privacy rights.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Hispanic Division
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pérez Martínez, Cristina, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Maya Tsotsil poet Cristina Pérez Martínez reading from her work. 2019. Audio. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020767103/.
APA citation style:
Pérez Martínez, C. & Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. (2019) Maya Tsotsil poet Cristina Pérez Martínez reading from her work. [Audio] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020767103/.
MLA citation style:
Pérez Martínez, Cristina, and Archive Of Hispanic Literature On Tape. Maya Tsotsil poet Cristina Pérez Martínez reading from her work. 2019. Audio. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020767103/>.