Photo, Print, Drawing Proclamation of emancipation. Proclamation emancipation
About this Item
- Proclamation of emancipation.
- Proclamation emancipation
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865.
- Alfred Whital Stern Collection of Lincolniana (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- Philadelphia : L. Franklin Smith, 1865.
- - Washington, George (1732-1799)
- - Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865
- - African American
- - Butler, Benjamin (1818-1893)
- - Abolition
- - Emancipation Proclamation
- - Jefferson, Thomas (1743-1826)
- - Greeley, Horace (1811-1872)
- - Chase, Salmon Portland (1808-1873)
- - Sumner, Charles (1811-1874)
- - Fremont, John Charles (1813-1890)
- - Lovejoy, Owen (1811-1864)
- - Adams, John Quincy (1767-1848)
- - Lane, James Henry (1833-1907)
- - Clay, Cassius Marcellus (1810-1903)
- - Penn, William (1644-1718)
- - Beecher, Henry Ward (1813-1887)
- - Phillips, Wendell (1811-1884)
- - Smith, Gerrit (1797-1874)
- - Brown, Nathan (1807-1886)
- - Abbott, John Stevens Cabot (1805-1877)
- - Mott, Lucretia (1793-1880)
- - Franklin, Benjamin (1706-1790)
- - Child, Lydia Maria (1802-1880)
- - Portraits
- - Broadsides
- - United States--Pennsylvania--Philadelphia--Philadelphia
- - Print.
- - Max Rosenthal del. and lith.
- - L. N. Rosenthal lith. ... Philadelphia.
- - Decorative border, in color, with scenes of Negro life and portraits of Lincoln, contemporaries of his, the founding fathers, etc.
- - LAC nsk 2021-08-05 create (1 card)
- 1 broadside ; 48 x 55 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- Emancipation broadside 47
- Eberstadt folder no. 47 30 x 53 cm.
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Abbott, John Stevens Cabot
- Adams, John Quincy
- African American
- Beecher, Henry Ward
- Brown, Nathan
- Butler, Benjamin
- Chase, Salmon Portland
- Child, Lydia Maria
- Clay, Cassius Marcellus
- Emancipation Proclamation
- Franklin, Benjamin
- Fremont, John Charles
- Greeley, Horace
- Jefferson, Thomas
- Lane, James Henry
- Lincoln, Abraham
- Lovejoy, Owen
- Mott, Lucretia
- Penn, William
- Phillips, Wendell
- Smith, Gerrit
- Sumner, Charles
- United States
- Washington, George
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or any other restrictions in the documents in this collection. However, some of the content may be protected by the U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) and/or by the copyright or neighboring-rights laws of other nations. Additionally, the reproduction of some materials may be restricted by privacy and/or publicity rights. The determination of the status of an item ultimately rests with the person desiring to reproduce or use the item.
Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Rare Book and Special Collections Division
Availability of Reproductions
To inquire about copies of Rare Book and Special Collections Division items, contact the Photoduplication Service (telephone: 202-707-5640). Orders are accepted by mail and by fax.
The Photoduplication Service estimates that it takes 3-6 weeks to complete an order.
For Further Information
If you have comments or additional questions, please contact us.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lincoln, Abraham, and Alfred Whital Stern Collection Of Lincolniana. Proclamation of Emancipation. , 1865. Philadelphia: L. Franklin Smith. Photograph. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020780958/.
APA citation style:
Lincoln, A. & Alfred Whital Stern Collection Of Lincolniana. (1865) Proclamation of Emancipation. , 1865. Philadelphia: L. Franklin Smith. [Photograph] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020780958/.
MLA citation style:
Lincoln, Abraham, and Alfred Whital Stern Collection Of Lincolniana. Proclamation of Emancipation. Philadelphia: L. Franklin Smith. Photograph. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020780958/>.