Audio Recording Elise Paschen reads and discusses Heritage, X on July 13, 2020. Heritage, X
Elise Paschen reads and discusses Heritage, X
Audio recording of poet reading and discussing poem.
About this Item
- Elise Paschen reads and discusses Heritage, X on July 13, 2020.
- Heritage, X
- Elise Paschen reads and discusses her poem "Heritage, X" on July 13, 2020, from her study in Harbert, Michigan. Paschen is the author of The Nightlife, Bestiary, Infidelities, and Houses: Coasts. She has edited numerous poetry anthologies and teaches in the MFA Writing Program at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Paschen is an enrolled member of the Osage Nation.
- Paschen, Elise, author, speaker.
- Library of Congress. Poetry and Literature Center, sponsor.
Created / Published
- - American poetry--Indian authors
- - American poetry--21st century
- - Indians of North America--Poetry
- Poetry readings (Sound recordings)
- Sound recordings
- Digital photographs--Color--2010-2020
- - Living Nations, Living Words: A Collection of First Peoples Poetry (AFC 2020/004: 12) Archive of Folk Culture, American Folklife Center, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
- - In English.
- 1 audio file (0:03:08) : digital, mp3
- 1 photograph : digital, jpg, color
- 2 manuscripts (3 pages) : digital, pdf
- Living Nations, Living Words: A Collection of First Peoples Poetry AFC 2020/004
- Library of Congress Archive of Folk Culture, American Folklife Center, 101 Independence Ave. S.E., Washington, DC USA 20540-4610 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.home
Library of Congress Control Number
- Duplication of collection materials may be governed by copyright and other restrictions.
- Elise Paschen, "Heritage, X" first published in the Massachusetts Review, volume 61, issue 4 (Winter 2020). Copyright © by Elise Paschen. Reprinted with the permission of the author. Photo by Jennifer Girard, courtesy of the author.
- Collection is open for research. To request materials, please contact the Folklife Reading Room at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.contact
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library has obtained permission for the use of these materials, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law.
The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit line: Living Nations, Living Words (AFC 2020/004), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Paschen, Elise, Author, Speaker, and Sponsor Library Of Congress. Poetry And Literature Center. Elise Paschen reads and discusses Heritage, X on. 2020. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020785212/.
APA citation style:
Paschen, E. & Library Of Congress. Poetry And Literature Center, S. (2020) Elise Paschen reads and discusses Heritage, X on. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020785212/.
MLA citation style:
Paschen, Elise, Author, Speaker, and Sponsor Library Of Congress. Poetry And Literature Center. Elise Paschen reads and discusses Heritage, X on. 2020. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020785212/>.