Audio Recording Heather Cahoon reads and discusses Baby Out of Cut-Open Woman on July 12, 2020. Baby Out of Cut-Open Woman
Heather Cahoon reads and discusses Baby Out of Cut-Open Woman
Audio recording of poet reading and discussing poem.
About this Item
- Heather Cahoon reads and discusses Baby Out of Cut-Open Woman on July 12, 2020.
- Baby Out of Cut-Open Woman
- Heather Cahoon reads and discusses her poem "Baby Out of Cut-Open Woman" on July 12, 2020, from her home in Missoula, Montana. Cahoon, PhD, is an award-winning poet, artist, and policy scholar from the Flathead Reservation where she is a member of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes. Her chapbook Elk Thirst won the Merriam-Frontier Prize and her first full-length collection of poems, Horsefly Dress, was published by the University of Arizona Press in September 2020.
- Cahoon, Heather (Heather M.), author, speaker.
- Library of Congress. Poetry and Literature Center, sponsor.
Created / Published
- - American poetry--Indian authors
- - American poetry--21st century
- - Indians of North America--Poetry
- Poetry readings (Sound recordings)
- Sound recordings
- Digital photographs--Color--2010-2020
- - Living Nations, Living Words: A Collection of First Peoples Poetry (AFC 2020/004: 16) Archive of Folk Culture, American Folklife Center, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
- - In English; with some Salish.
- 1 audio file (0:04:13) : digital, wav
- 1 photograph : digital, jpg, color
- 2 manuscripts (3 pages) : digital, pdf
- Living Nations, Living Words: A Collection of First Peoples Poetry AFC 2020/004
- Library of Congress Archive of Folk Culture, American Folklife Center, 101 Independence Ave. S.E., Washington, DC USA 20540-4610 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.home
Library of Congress Control Number
- Duplication of collection materials may be governed by copyright and other restrictions.
- Heather Cahoon, "Baby Out of Cut-Open Woman" from Horsefly Dress by Heather Cahoon. Copyright © 2020 Heather Cahoon. Reprinted by permission of the University of Arizona Press. Photo courtesy of the author.
- Collection is open for research. To request materials, please contact the Folklife Reading Room at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.contact
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library has obtained permission for the use of these materials, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law.
The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit line: Living Nations, Living Words (AFC 2020/004), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cahoon, Heather , Author, Speaker, and Sponsor Library Of Congress. Poetry And Literature Center. Heather Cahoon reads and discusses Baby Out of Cut-Open Woman on. 2020. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020785216/.
APA citation style:
Cahoon, H. & Library Of Congress. Poetry And Literature Center, S. (2020) Heather Cahoon reads and discusses Baby Out of Cut-Open Woman on. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020785216/.
MLA citation style:
Cahoon, Heather , Author, Speaker, and Sponsor Library Of Congress. Poetry And Literature Center. Heather Cahoon reads and discusses Baby Out of Cut-Open Woman on. 2020. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020785216/>.