Audio Recording Kimberly Blaeser reads and discusses Poem on Disappearance on July 13, 2020. Poem on Disappearance
Kimberly Blaeser reads and discusses Poem on Disappearance
Audio recording of poet reading and discussing poem.
About this Item
- Kimberly Blaeser reads and discusses Poem on Disappearance on July 13, 2020.
- Poem on Disappearance
- Kimberly Blaeser reads and discusses her poem "Poem on Disappearance" on July 13, 2020, from her cabin on Farm Lake, adjacent to the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness in Minnesota. Blaeser, past Wisconsin poet laureate, is the author of five poetry collections -- most recently Copper Yearning, Apprenticed to Justice, and the bilingual Résister en dansant/Dancing Resistance; and editor of Traces in Blood, Bone, and Stone: Contemporary Ojibwe Poetry. Anishinaabe from White Earth Reservation, Blaeser is a professor at UW-Milwaukee and MFA faculty member at the Institute of American Indian Arts, Santa Fe.
- Blaeser, Kimberly M., author, speaker.
- Library of Congress. Poetry and Literature Center, sponsor.
Created / Published
- - American poetry--Indian authors
- - American poetry--21st century
- - Indians of North America--Poetry
- Poetry readings (Sound recordings)
- Sound recordings
- Digital photographs--Color--2010-2020
- - Living Nations, Living Words: A Collection of First Peoples Poetry (AFC 2020/004: 26) Archive of Folk Culture, American Folklife Center, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C.
- - In English; salutation in Anishinaabemowin.
- 1 audio file (0:04:48) : digital, m4a
- 1 photograph : digital, jpg, color
- 2 manuscripts (3 pages) : digital, pdf
- Living Nations, Living Words: A Collection of First Peoples Poetry AFC 2020/004
- Library of Congress Archive of Folk Culture, American Folklife Center, 101 Independence Ave. S.E., Washington, DC USA 20540-4610 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.home
Library of Congress Control Number
- Duplication of collection materials may be governed by copyright and other restrictions.
- Kimberly Blaeser, "Poem on Disappearance." Copyright © by Kimberly Blaeser. Photo by John Fisher, courtesy of the author.
- Collection is open for research. To request materials, please contact the Folklife Reading Room at http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.afc/folklife.contact
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library has obtained permission for the use of these materials, and presents additional materials for educational and research purposes in accordance with fair use under United States copyright law.
The Center asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here. Researchers are also reminded that privacy and publicity rights may pertain to certain uses of this material.
Researchers or others who would like to make further use of these collection materials should contact the Folklife Reading Room for assistance. Rights assessment is your responsibility. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Permissions may additionally be required from holders of other rights (such as publicity and/or privacy rights). Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. However, the information we have may not be accurate or complete.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit line: Living Nations, Living Words (AFC 2020/004), American Folklife Center, Library of Congress
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blaeser, Kimberly M., Author, Speaker, and Sponsor Library Of Congress. Poetry And Literature Center. Kimberly Blaeser reads and discusses Poem on Disappearance on. 2020. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2020785226/.
APA citation style:
Blaeser, K. M. & Library Of Congress. Poetry And Literature Center, S. (2020) Kimberly Blaeser reads and discusses Poem on Disappearance on. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2020785226/.
MLA citation style:
Blaeser, Kimberly M., Author, Speaker, and Sponsor Library Of Congress. Poetry And Literature Center. Kimberly Blaeser reads and discusses Poem on Disappearance on. 2020. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2020785226/>.