Book/Printed Material Indigenous research methodologies in Sámi and global contexts
About this Item
- Indigenous research methodologies in Sámi and global contexts
- "This book addresses the conceptualization and practice of Indigenous research methodologies especially in Sámi and North European academic contexts. It examines the meaning of Sámi research and research methodologies, practical levels of doing Indigenous research today in different contexts, as well as global debates in Indigenous research. The contributors present place-specific and relational Sámi research approaches as well as reciprocal methodological choices in Indigenous research in North-South relationships. This edited volume is a result of a research collaboration in four countries where Sámi people live. By taking the readers to diverse local discussions, the collection emphasizes communal responsibility and care as a key in doing Indigenous research. Contributors are: Rauni Äärelä-Vihriälä, Hanna Guttorm, Lea Kantonen, Pigga Keskitalo, Britt Kramvig, Petter Morottaja, Eljas Niskanen, Torjer Olsen, Marja-Liisa Olthuis, Hanna Outakoski, Attila Paksi, Jelena Porsanger, Aili Pyhälä, Rauna Rahko-Ravantti, Torkel Rasmussen, Ilona Rauhala, Erika Katjaana Sarivaara, Irja Seurujärvi-Kari, Trond Trosterud and Pirjo Kristiina Virtanen"-- Provided by publisher.
- Keskitalo, Pigga, 1972- editor
- Olsen, Torjer, editor
- Virtanen, Pirjo Kristiina, editor
Created / Published
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill | Sense, 
- - Ethnology--Methodology
- - Indigenous peoples--Research--Methodology
- - Sami (European people)--Study and teaching
- - Includes bibliographical references and index.
- - Description based on print version record and CIP data provided by publisher; resource not viewed.
- 1 online resource
Call Number/Physical Location
Library of Congress Control Number
- Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International CC BY 4.0 https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode External
- Unrestricted online access
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The books in this collection are licensed under open access licenses allowing for the reuse and distribution of each book following the terms described in each license. Researchers should consult the Rights Advisory statement for each title and the accompanying license details for information about rights and permissions associated with each of the licenses.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Keskitalo, Pigga, Editor. Indigenous research methodologies in Sámi and global contexts. editeds by Olsen, Torjeritor, and Virtanen, Pirjo Kristiinaitor [Leiden ; Boston: Brill | Sense, 2021] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021010844/.
APA citation style:
Keskitalo, P., Olsen, T. & Virtanen, P. K., eds. (2021) Indigenous research methodologies in Sámi and global contexts. [Leiden ; Boston: Brill | Sense] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021010844/.
MLA citation style:
Keskitalo, Pigga, Editor. Indigenous research methodologies in Sámi and global contexts. ed by Olsen, Torjeritor, and Virtanen, Pirjo Kristiinaitor [Leiden ; Boston: Brill | Sense, 2021] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021010844/>.