Map Nova Virginiae tabvla Nova Virginiae tabula
About this Item
- Nova Virginiae tabvla
- Nova Virginiae tabula
- Blaeu, Willem Janszoon, 1571-1638, cartographer.
- Gryp, Dirck.
Created / Published
- Amsterdam : Ex Officina Guiljelmi Blaeuw, [1630?]
- - Virginia--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Virginia
- Early maps
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - "Militaria Germanica communia 15 pro Uno gradu."
- - Copy Imperfect: Darkened, lower left margin torn, losses along left edge, and mounted on cloth backing.
- - Map collectors circle, No. 45, pages 29-30.
- - Includes text, illustrations of Powhatan in Royal State founded Smith's engraving and the figure of an Indian founded on De Bry, and coat-of-arms.
- - Latin description on verso.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 37 x 47 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1630 .B5
- G3880 1630 .B5 Copy 2 Hand colored illustrations of Powhatan in Royal State founded Smith's engraving and the figure of an Indian founded on De Bry, and coat-of-arms; Includes date from LC jacket note: Virginia. Nova Virginiae tabula, (1630). From Blauew's atlas. Latin description on the reverse. With insets of Powhatan in Royal State founded Smith's engraving, and the figure of an Indian founded on De Bry. Jamestown is marked, but the numerous names are of Indian villages including Powhatan, Appamatuck, etc.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blaeu, Willem Janszoon, Cartographer, and Dirck Gryp. Nova Virginiae tabvla. [Amsterdam: Ex Officina Guiljelmi Blaeuw, ?, 1630] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021586022/.
APA citation style:
Blaeu, W. J. & Gryp, D. (1630) Nova Virginiae tabvla. [Amsterdam: Ex Officina Guiljelmi Blaeuw, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021586022/.
MLA citation style:
Blaeu, Willem Janszoon, Cartographer, and Dirck Gryp. Nova Virginiae tabvla. [Amsterdam: Ex Officina Guiljelmi Blaeuw, ?, 1630] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021586022/>.