Collection Map [Maps of Maine--counties A-C]. Maine title collection drawer 37 / Maine title collection--counties A-C
About this Item
- [Maps of Maine--counties A-C].
- Maine title collection drawer 37
- Maine title collection--counties A-C
Created / Published
- [Various places] : [various publishers], [approximately 1732 to 1961]
- - Counties--Maine--Maps
- - Roads--Maine--Maps
- - Androscoggin County (Me.)--Maps
- - Aroostook County (Me.)--Maps
- - Cumberland County (Me.)--Maps
- - United States--Maine
- Physical maps
- Road maps
- Topographic maps
- Tourist maps
- - Most maps in this collection before 1800 are photocopies or facsimiles.
- - This record covers single maps covering counties of Maine, which are not represented in the LC database by separate catalog records. This collection includes single printed maps and photocopies of printed or manuscript single maps as well as some multi-sheet single maps, plates from atlases, books or periodicals, and printed facsimiles. These maps show may also show various subjects, such as roads, topography, geology, hydrology, and recreation and tourism. To request a specific map or for more information, contact a reference librarian in the Geography & Map Division (202) 707-6277 or through the "Ask a librarian" link through the Geography & Map Division website https://ask.loc.gov/map-geography/
- - Title supplied by cataloger.
- 36 map sheets in 25 folders in 1 drawer : some color, some photocopies ; various sizes
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3733 coll .M3 drawer 37
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The folder exteriors depicted in this collection were created by the Geography and Map Division, Library of Congress. They are U.S. government works not subject to copyright in the United States and have no known copyright restrictions.
However, the copyright status of maps within these folders are determined separately, and the maps depicted in this online collection are believed to be in the public domain. Copyrighted maps from the collection may also be accessible on site in Washington, D.C.
Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permission ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Access maps inside folders
The folders depicted in this collection contain maps, and those maps may not be available online. To confirm if the maps are online or to inquire about viewing the maps in person in the Geography and Map Reading Room, please contact the Geography and Map Division at https://ask.loc.gov/map-geography/. For maps that do not already have digital copies and are determined to not have copyright restrictions, digital copies may be purchased from the Library's Duplication Services, which has pricing and contact information listed at https://www.loc.gov/duplicationservices/products-pricing/.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Maps of Maine--counties A-C. [Various places: various publishers, approximately to 1961, 1732] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021589672/.
APA citation style:
(1732) Maps of Maine--counties A-C. [Various places: various publishers, approximately to 1961] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021589672/.
MLA citation style:
Maps of Maine--counties A-C. [Various places: various publishers, approximately to 1961, 1732] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021589672/>.