Film, Video Rocking gold in the Klondike Variant title from Edison films catalog, no. 105: Rocking gold in the Klondyke
About this Item
- Rocking gold in the Klondike
- Variant title from Edison films catalog, no. 105: Rocking gold in the Klondyke
- "Here we see one of the methods employed in the search for gold, where water is scarce. We see the workmen using the water over and over again in the rocker until it becomes too thick with earth for further use. The scene is one of action, as the valuable character of the ground enables many to work profitably in close quarters. An interesting and instructive subject"--Edison films catalog, no. 105.
- Crahan, Thomas, film producer
- Bonine, R. (Robert K.), cinematographer
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc., production company, film distributor
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Edison Manufacturing Co., 
- - Placer mining--Yukon River Valley (Yukon and Alaska)
- - Gold miners--Yukon River Valley (Yukon and Alaska)
- - Gold mines and mining--Yukon River (Yukon and Alaska)
- Actualities (Motion pictures)
- Silent films
- Short films
- Nonfiction films
- - H4088 U.S. Copyright Office
- - Copyright: Thomas A. Edison; 6May1901; H4088.
- - Camera, Robert K. Bonine.
- - Photographed between July 21, 1899 and August 22, 1899 in the Yukon Territory, Canada.
- - Paper print shelf number (LC 0051) was changed when the paper prints were re-housed.
- - Additional holdings for this title may be available. Contact reference librarian.
- - Sources used: Niver, R. Early motion pictures, p. 277; Musser, C. Edison motion pictures 1890-1900, p. 520; AFI catalog, film beginnings, 1893-1910, p. 913; Edison films catalog, no. 105, July, 1901, p. 49 viewed online June 25, 2021 via the New Jersey Digital Highway WWW site.
- - paper pos (copy 1) Received: 1901-05-06; copyright deposit; Paper Print Collection.
- - Early motion pictures : the Paper Print Collection in the Library of Congress / by Kemp R. Niver. Library of Congress. 1985.
- - Paper print roll lacking suffix.
- 1 video file (digital) (ca. 1 min.) : si., b&w.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (31 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 65 ft.) : si., b&w ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (31 ft.) : si., b&w ; 16 mm.
- paper pos 1 roll of 1 (ca. 65 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
- paper pos (copy 2) 1 roll of 1 (ca. 65 ft.) : b&w ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FLA 3065 (viewing print)
- FEC 1804 (viewing print)
- FRA 0408 (dupe neg pic)
- Box 0723 (paper pos)
- Box 5449D (paper pos, copy 2)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
- Bonine, R. (Robert K.)
- Crahan, Thomas
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
- Thomas A. Edison, Inc
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Crahan, Thomas, Film Producer, R Bonine, and Paper Print Collection. Rocking gold in the Klondike. produceds by Thomas A. Edison, Inc.Uction Company, Film Distributor [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1899] Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021604042/.
APA citation style:
Crahan, T., Bonine, R. & Paper Print Collection. (1899) Rocking gold in the Klondike. Thomas A. Edison, Inc.Uction Company, prod [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co] [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021604042/.
MLA citation style:
Crahan, Thomas, Film Producer, R Bonine, and Paper Print Collection. Rocking gold in the Klondike. prod by Thomas A. Edison, Inc.Uction Company, Film Distributor [United States: Edison Manufacturing Co, 1899] Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021604042/>.