Book/Printed Material Early Writings of Carl von Linné. Carl von Linnés ungdomsskrifter
About this Item
- Early Writings of Carl von Linné.
- Carl von Linnés ungdomsskrifter
- Significant works of young scholars at times can have great impact on the scholarly community, but remain relatively unknown for a broader public. The early works of Carl Linné (1707-78), annotated journals of his travels in Sweden and abroad, in which he laid the foundation for his efforts to devise a nomenclature for natural genera and species, were never published during his lifetime. The account of his travels in Lapland was published in English in 1811. The notes of his early travels in Bergslagen, Dalarna, and abroad were edited and published by Ewald Ährling to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Linné's death. Linné is also known by his Latinized name, Carolus Linnaeus.
- Linné, Carl von, 1707-1778 Creator.
Created / Published
- Stockholm : Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, 1889.
- - Sweden--Dalarna County
- - Sweden--Västmanland County
- - 1732 to 1734
- - Description and travel
- - Lapland
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 390 pages, 1 plate.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Sweden.
- - Content in Swedish.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Linné, Carl Von, Creator. Early Writings of Carl von Linné. Stockholm: Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, 1889. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666139/.
APA citation style:
Linné, C. V. (1889) Early Writings of Carl von Linné. Stockholm: Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666139/.
MLA citation style:
Linné, Carl Von, Creator. Early Writings of Carl von Linné. Stockholm: Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences, 1889. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021666139/>.