Book/Printed Material The History of Muslim Philosophers in the East and the West.
About this Item
- The History of Muslim Philosophers in the East and the West.
- Muhammad Lutfi Jumaa (1886--1953) was an Egyptian-born lawyer, political activist, linguist, translator, and novelist. The History of Muslim Philosophers in the East and the West is a compilation of biographies of some of the most famous Muslim scholars. It analyzes the life history, upbringing, doctrinal leanings, and views of many leading Muslim thinkers, philosophers, and scholars. Figures covered in the work include Al-Farabi, Al-Kindi, Ibn Sina, Ibn Bajah, Ibn Tufail, Ibn Rushd, Ibn Khaldoun, Ibn Al-Haytham, Ibn Arabi, and others.
- Jumuah, Muhammad Lutfi, 1886-1953 Author.
Created / Published
- Beirut : Scientific Library, 1927.
- - 570 to 1927
- - Biography
- - Islamic philosophy
- - Muslim philosophers
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: A through Z, 327 pages, 25 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: Bibliotheca Alexandrina.
- - Content in Arabic.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jumuah, Muhammad Lutfi, Author. The History of Muslim Philosophers in the East and the West. Beirut: Scientific Library, 1927. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666174/.
APA citation style:
Jumuah, M. L. (1927) The History of Muslim Philosophers in the East and the West. Beirut: Scientific Library. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666174/.
MLA citation style:
Jumuah, Muhammad Lutfi, Author. The History of Muslim Philosophers in the East and the West. Beirut: Scientific Library, 1927. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021666174/>.