Book/Printed Material The Nabhani Offering on the History of the Arabian Peninsula.
About this Item
- The Nabhani Offering on the History of the Arabian Peninsula.
- Al-Tuḥfat al-Nabhānīya fī tārīkh al-jazīra al-ʻArabīya (The Nabhani offering on the history of the Arabian Peninsula) is by Muḥammad ibn Kahlīfa ibn Ḥamd ibn Mūsā al-Nabhānī (1883 or 1884-1950 or 1951). The author was a teacher at the Masjid al-Ḥarām in Mecca (as was his father). The younger al-Nabhani started this work after his visit to Bahrain, and a request that he write a book treating the history of the current rulers of Bahrain, as well of its ancient emirs and their dealings with friend and foe. As the original plan had been to limit the work to the history of Bahrain, al-Nabhānī initially titled his work al-Nubdha al-laṭīfa fī al-ḥukkam min al-khalīfa (The charming fragment regarding the rulers of the house of al-Khalīfa). When the work was expanded to include the totality of the Arabian Peninsula, its name changed as well. Chapter nine of this work is a large section (with independently numbered pages) on Basra (present-day Iraq), in which al-Nabhani served briefly as judge, and in which he was imprisoned by the British during World War I. The present copy is a revised and expanded second edition, published in 1923-24 at the Maṭbaʻat al-maḥmūdīya publishing house in Cairo.
- Nabhānī, Muḥammad ibn Khalīfah, died 1950 Author.
Created / Published
- Cairo : Maṭbaʻat al-Maḥmūdīya Publishing House, [1923 to 1924]
- - Iran, Islamic Republic of
- - Bahrain
- - Kuwait
- - Oman
- - Qatar
- - Saudi Arabia
- - United Arab Emirates
- - Yemen
- - 1000 to 1924
- - Arabian Peninsula
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 3 volumes in 1 book ; 21 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: Qatar National Library.
- - Content in Arabic.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Nabhānī, Muḥammad Ibn Khalīfah, Died 1950 Author. The Nabhani Offering on the History of the Arabian Peninsula. [Cairo: Maṭbaʻat al-Maḥmūdīya Publishing House, to 1924, 1923] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666268/.
APA citation style:
Nabhānī, M. I. K. (1923) The Nabhani Offering on the History of the Arabian Peninsula. [Cairo: Maṭbaʻat al-Maḥmūdīya Publishing House, to 1924] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666268/.
MLA citation style:
Nabhānī, Muḥammad Ibn Khalīfah, Died 1950 Author. The Nabhani Offering on the History of the Arabian Peninsula. [Cairo: Maṭbaʻat al-Maḥmūdīya Publishing House, to 1924, 1923] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021666268/>.