Book/Printed Material Yearbook for 1887.
About this Item
- Yearbook for 1887.
- This volume is a yearbook for 1887, treating political events in Egypt for that year, covering activities in various ministries and governmental offices. The work is divided into 12 sections, with each devoted to a month. In the entry for January, for example, we read of the arrival in the port of Alexandria of the crown prince of Italy, the future King Victor Emmanuel III, and the state functions that were held in his honor. In the section devoted to April, we read the obituary of Muḥammad Sharif Pasha, the fourth prime minister of Egypt. The book was published by Maṭbaʻat al-qāhira al-ḥurra in 1887. The author of the yearbook, Yūsuf Ibn-Hammām Āṣāf (1859-1938), is best known for his history of the Ottomans, Tārīkh salāṭīn Banī ʻUthmān min awwal nashʼatihim ḥattā al-ān (History of the Ottoman sultans: From their origin to the present day). Āṣāf was born in Lebanon. He settled in Egypt and founded a publishing house, al-ʻUmūmīya, in Cairo in 1888.
- Āṣāf, Yūsuf Author.
Created / Published
- Cairo : Maṭbaʻat al-qāhira al-ḥurra, 1887.
- - Egypt
- - 1887
- - Government officials
- - Kings and rulers
- - Politics and government
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 216 pages ; 24 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: Qatar National Library.
- - Content in Arabic.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Āṣāf, Yūsuf Author. Yearbook for. Cairo: Maṭbaʻat al-qāhira al-ḥurra, 1887. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666273/.
APA citation style:
Āṣāf, Y. A. (1887) Yearbook for. Cairo: Maṭbaʻat al-qāhira al-ḥurra. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666273/.
MLA citation style:
Āṣāf, Yūsuf Author. Yearbook for. Cairo: Maṭbaʻat al-qāhira al-ḥurra, 1887. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021666273/>.