Book/Printed Material Illustrations of Guarding the Yellow River.
About this Item
- Illustrations of Guarding the Yellow River.
- This work is bound in accordion pleat-like leaves, in 15 folded sheets. The illustrations show the locations of flood prevention works along the Yellow River in Henan Province. Included are dykes and raised riverbanks in different areas, beginning in the west with Wushe Xian, crossing Yingze Marsh, and in Zhengzhou, Yuanwu, Zhongmou, Yangwu, Fengqiu, Kaifeng Fu, Chenliu, Xiangfu, and other towns. A number of paper slips are attached to 18 locations, with explanations of the challenges of river work at these locations and descriptions of accidents that occurred during this work in the Jiaqing and Daoguang period (1796--1850) of the Qing dynasty. This work provides useful information on flood protection and river-conservancy work in China in this period.
- Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], [1644 to 1911]
- Subject Headings
- - China
- - 1644 to 1911
- - Canals
- - Channels (Hydraulic engineering)
- - Flood control
- - Manuscript maps
- - Yellow River (China)
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 1 folded volume, 21.8 x 9.8 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Central Library.
- - Content in Chinese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
- Source Collection
- Chinese Books, Manuscripts, Maps, and Prints
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- compressed data
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Illustrations of Guarding the Yellow River. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1911, 1644] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666367/.
APA citation style:
(1644) Illustrations of Guarding the Yellow River. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1911] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666367/.
MLA citation style:
Illustrations of Guarding the Yellow River. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1911, 1644] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021666367/>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialGeneral Atlas Depicting the Conditions of the Yellow River Dykes in Henan Province. This Qing-dynasty atlas painted in color is formatted in accordion pleat-like leaves, in 21 folded sheets. The directions used in the maps are the exact opposite of those commonly used, that is,...
- Date: 1644
Book/Printed MaterialIllustrated Work on the Storage and Drainage Activities at the Lakes and Rivers of the Yellow ... This work was originally in the Qing imperial collection. The painting of the work was executed in an exquisite manner. A title at head of the work reads: Huang Yun hu he...
- Date: 1796
Book/Printed MaterialA Complete View of the Canal from Jiangsu to Beijing. Jiangsu zhi Beijing yun he quan tu (A complete view of the canal from Jiangsu to Beijing) is made of a long continuous sheet of paper folded into accordion-like leaves. It has...
- Date: 1644
Book/Printed MaterialIllustrations and Explanations of Wonderful Machines. Qi qi tu shuo (Illustrations and explanations of wonderful machines) is the first Chinese translation of a work that introduced Western mechanics and machine engineering to China. It was dictated by Deng...
- Contributor: Terentius, Joannes - Wang, Zheng
- Date: 1644
Book/Printed MaterialA Complete Illustrated Atlas of Counties under the Jurisdiction of the Jiangning Administrative Government. Jiangning was designated a province in the 25th year of the Qianlong reign of the Qing dynasty (1760). The provincial administrative government was established under the supervision of the governor-general of two...
- Date: 1644