Book/Printed Material Chong kan Sunzhenren bei ji qian jin yao fang : san shi juan. 重刊孙真人备急千金要方 : 三十卷.
About this Item
- Chong kan Sunzhenren bei ji qian jin yao fang : san shi juan.
- 重刊孙真人备急千金要方 : 三十卷.
- New Edition of Daoist Sun's Invaluable Prescriptions for Ready Reference.
- This work, Chong kan Sun zhen ren bei ji qian jin yao fang (New edition of Daoist Sun's invaluable prescriptions for ready reference), emphasizes that the life of a human being is as important and as precious as a thousand pieces of gold. Thus to save one's life with a prescription is to demonstrate one's great virtue. That is why the title includes the words qian jin (invaluable, or 1,000 pieces of gold). This work covers a wide range of subjects, from treatment instructions to ways to maintain good health, and is an important classic in traditional Chinese medicine. It was compiled, by imperial order, by Lin Yi and others and woodblock printed in the third year of the Zhiping reign (1066). Today the original work no longer exists. This edition dates from the Yuan dynasty (1271--1368). It was first kept in the collection of Tieqintongjianlou (The Pavilion of Iron Qin and Bronze Sword), in Changshu, Suzhou, Jiangsu, one of the four largest private libraries at the end of the Qing dynasty. The original printed format is intact, making this copy very valuable.
- Lin, Yi, active 11th century Compiler.
- Sun, Simiao, 581-682 Author.
Created / Published
- [Place of publication not identified] : [Publisher not identified], [1277 to 1368]
- - China
- - 581 to 1066
- - Medicine, Chinese
- - Prescriptions
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: Stitched binding ; 18.5 x 12.4 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of China.
- - Content in Chinese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- - Title revised per Asian Division.--cc28 2023-01-06
- 1 online resource.
- Chinese Books, Manuscripts, Maps, and Prints
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lin, Yi, Active 11Th Century Compiler, and Simiao Sun. Chong kan Sunzhenren bei ji qian jin yao fang: san shi juan. [Place of publication not identified: Publisher not identified, to 1368, 1277] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666434/.
APA citation style:
Lin, Y. & Sun, S. (1277) Chong kan Sunzhenren bei ji qian jin yao fang: san shi juan. [Place of publication not identified: Publisher not identified, to 1368] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666434/.
MLA citation style:
Lin, Yi, Active 11Th Century Compiler, and Simiao Sun. Chong kan Sunzhenren bei ji qian jin yao fang: san shi juan. [Place of publication not identified: Publisher not identified, to 1368, 1277] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021666434/>.