Book/Printed Material Chong xiao han fu ren ti hong ji : er juan 重校韓夫人題紅記:二卷
About this Item
- Chong xiao han fu ren ti hong ji : er juan
- Revised Edition of the Story of the Poem Written on the Red Leaf by Court Lady Han: Two Juan.
- This Southern drama Ti hong ji (Story of the poem written on the red leaf) was written by Wang Jide (died 1623), based on Hong ye ji (Story of the red leaf), written by his grandfather Wang Lufeng. The play has 36 scenes in two juan. It tells the story of the court lady Han Cuiping, who composed a poem on a red leaf that floated out of the palace drain and was received by scholar Yu You, and of their eventual happy union. The original story came from Liu hong ji (Story of a poem on a floating red leaf), a novel by Zhang Shi of the Song. It is also adapted from Han Cuiping yu gou liu hong ji (Han Cuiping floats her poem on a red leaf through the palace drain) by the renowned Yuan playwright Bai Pu. Wang Jide, courtesy names Boliang and Boji, style names Fangzhusheng and Qinlou Waishi, born in Kuaiji (present-day Shaoxing, Zhejiang), was a Ming playwright and a drama theorist. The copy presented here was printed by Jizhizhai, the publishing house owned by the Chen family, one of the larger publishers in Nanjing during the late Wanli period (1573-1620) of the Ming dynasty, and the most prominent publisher of popular dramas.
- Bai, Pu, 1226-1285 Associated Name.
- Wang, Jide, died 1623 Author.
- Wang, Lufeng Associated Name.
Created / Published
- Nanjing, China : Jizhizhai, [1573 to 1620]
- - China--Zhejiang Province--Shaoxing
- - 1573 to 1620
- - Chinese literature
- - Chinese poetry
- - Poetry
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 2 volumes : illustrations ; 26.8 x 17 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of China.
- - Content in Chinese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- - Title revised per Asian Division.--cc28 2023-01-06
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bai, Pu, Associated Name, Jide Wang, and Lufeng Associated Name Wang. Chong Xiao Han Fu Ren Ti Hong Ji: Er Juan. [Nanjing, China: Jizhizhai, to 1620, 1573] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666482/.
APA citation style:
Bai, P., Wang, J. & Wang, L. A. N. (1573) Chong Xiao Han Fu Ren Ti Hong Ji: Er Juan. [Nanjing, China: Jizhizhai, to 1620] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666482/.
MLA citation style:
Bai, Pu, Associated Name, Jide Wang, and Lufeng Associated Name Wang. Chong Xiao Han Fu Ren Ti Hong Ji: Er Juan. [Nanjing, China: Jizhizhai, to 1620, 1573] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021666482/>.