Book/Printed Material Tao Yuan ming ji : shi juan 陶渊明集 : 十卷
About this Item
- Tao Yuan ming ji : shi juan
- 陶渊明集 : 十卷
- Collected Works of Tao Yuanming: 10 Juan.
- Tao Yuanming (circa 372-427), also called Tao Qian, courtesy name Yuanliang, born in Xunyang Caisang (near present-day Jiujiang, Jiangxi), was a great poet who lived during the Eastern Jin (317-420) and Liu Song (420-79) of the Northern and Southern dynasties (420-589). This is the earliest edition of Tao Yuanmin ji. Book catalogs, such as Zhizhai shu lu jie ti (Catalog with explanations of books in Zhizhai Studio), Junzhai du shu zhi (Records of books read at Junzhai Studio), and Wen xian tong kao. Jing ji men (Comprehensive investigations of literary sources and documents: Bibliographic chapter) all listed this work. The copy was handed down by famous book collectors from one to another, including Wen Peng and Mao Jin's publishing house, Jiguge, during the Ming dynasty, and Huang Pilie, Wang Shizhong, and Yang Yizeng's private library, Haiyuange, during the Qing. Consequently, an array of seal impressions of collectors is found in the book. Among the Ming seals are Wen Peng zhi yin (Seal of Wen Peng), Jigu zhu ren (Owner of Jiguge); among the Qing are Bai song yi chan (100 Song books in one house, name of one of Huang Pilie's studios), Tao Tao shi (The name of another studio of Huang Pilie), Langyuan fu (Wang Shizhong's style name), Yang Shaohe du guo (Read by Yang Shaohe), Songcun shushi (another of Yang Shaohe's seals), and others. Huang Pilie (1763-1825) was a famed Qing bibliophile. He placed this book, together with Tao's poetry collection annotated by Tang Han, in his Tao Tao Studio, and attached a handwritten inscription which reads: "Number one book of Jingjie ji (Collection of Jingjie, Tao's posthumous name) at Tao Tao Studio." In 1952 book collector Zhou Shutao (1891-1984) donated this book to the National Library of China.
- Tao, Qian, approximately 372-427 Author.
Created / Published
- [Place of publication not identified] : [Publisher not identified], [1127 to 1279]
- - China--Jiangxi Province--Jiujiang
- - 400 to 427
- - Block printing
- - Chinese classics
- - Chinese literature
- - Chinese poetry
- - Ci (Chinese poetry)
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 2 volumes ; 26 x 16.9 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of China.
- - Content in Chinese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- - Title revised per Asian Division.--cc28 2023-01-06
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Tao, Qian, Approximately 372-427 Author. Tao Yuan ming ji: shi juan. [Place of publication not identified: Publisher not identified, to 1279, 1127] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666495/.
APA citation style:
Tao, Q. (1127) Tao Yuan ming ji: shi juan. [Place of publication not identified: Publisher not identified, to 1279] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666495/.
MLA citation style:
Tao, Qian, Approximately 372-427 Author. Tao Yuan ming ji: shi juan. [Place of publication not identified: Publisher not identified, to 1279, 1127] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021666495/>.