Book/Printed Material Meng hao ran shi ji : san juan 孟浩然诗集 : 三卷
About this Item
- Meng hao ran shi ji : san juan
- 孟浩然诗集 : 三卷
- Collected Poems by Meng Haoran: 3 Juan.
- Meng Haoran shi ji (Collected poems by Meng Haoran) is by a Tang dynasty poet Meng Haoran (689-740). His given name is unknown, although Hao has been suggested. Haoran was his courtesy name. Born in Xiangyang, Xiangzhou (present-day Xiangyang, Hubei), he also was known as Meng Xiangyang. Living during the High Tang period, Meng Haoran was not successful in pursuing an official career and throughout his life mostly lived as a recluse in his birthplace. Most of his poetry consists of five-word poems. The subject of the poems is mainly landscapes, pastorals, enjoyment of a reclusive life, and lyrics on the mood of official travel. His style is plain and natural. He and Wang Wei (701-61), another major Tang poet, were jointly known as Wang-Meng. Both were representatives of the school of landscape and pastoral poetry. Meng Haoran's poetry was printed in various editions. As one of the series of Tang liu shi jia ji (Collected works of 60 Tang poets), this edition is the earliest compilation printed in Sichuan during the Song dynasty. It contains 214 poems in three juan.
- Meng, Haoran, 689-740 Author.
Created / Published
- Sichuan Province : [Publisher not identified], [960 to 1279]
- - China--Hunan Province
- - 700 to 740
- - Block printing
- - Chinese classics
- - Chinese literature
- - Chinese poetry
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 2 volumes ; 27.6 x 20.1 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of China.
- - Content in Chinese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- - Title revised per Asian Division.--cc28 2023-01-06
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Meng, Haoran, 689-740 Author. Meng Hao Ran Shi Ji: San Juan. [Sichuan Province: Publisher not identified, 960 to, 0960] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666496/.
APA citation style:
Meng, H. (0960) Meng Hao Ran Shi Ji: San Juan. [Sichuan Province: Publisher not identified, 960 to] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666496/.
MLA citation style:
Meng, Haoran, 689-740 Author. Meng Hao Ran Shi Ji: San Juan. [Sichuan Province: Publisher not identified, 960 to, 0960] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021666496/>.