Book/Printed Material Theater and Drama: A Collection of Critical Articles on Theater and Dramatic Literature.
About this Item
- Theater and Drama: A Collection of Critical Articles on Theater and Dramatic Literature.
- Mikola Kindratovich Voroniy (1871--1938) was a prominent Ukrainian poet, writer, actor, and director. This book is a collection of his most important articles on the art of the theater and dramatic literature. The topics covered include the work of actors and directors, dramatic literature as the most complex genre of literary and artistic expression, and the nature and role of the audience. The author draws general conclusions from his analysis and discusses the ways in which the theater might develop in the future. Voroniy received his university education in Vienna and Lviv. He was executed by firing squad in Odessa in June 1938, one of the many victims killed in the Soviet Union during the Great Purge of 1936--39.
- Voronyij, Mykola Kìndratovyč, 1871-1938 Author.
Created / Published
- Kiev : Volosozhar, 1913.
- - Ukraine
- - 1890 to 1913
- - Actors
- - Criticism
- - Drama
- - Theatrical productions
- - Ukrainian drama
- - Ukrainian literature
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 166 pages : illustrations.
- - Original resource at: Yaroslav Mudryi National Library of Ukraine.
- - Content in Ukrainian.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Voronyij, Mykola Kìndratovyč, Author. Theater and Drama: A Collection of Critical Articles on Theater and Dramatic Literature. Kiev: Volosozhar, 1913. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666609/.
APA citation style:
Voronyij, M. K. (1913) Theater and Drama: A Collection of Critical Articles on Theater and Dramatic Literature. Kiev: Volosozhar. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666609/.
MLA citation style:
Voronyij, Mykola Kìndratovyč, Author. Theater and Drama: A Collection of Critical Articles on Theater and Dramatic Literature. Kiev: Volosozhar, 1913. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021666609/>.