Book/Printed Material [An Illustrated Tibeto-Mongolian Materia Medica of Ayurveda of ʼJam-dpal-rdo-rje of Mongolia]
About this Item
- [An Illustrated Tibeto-Mongolian Materia Medica of Ayurveda of ʼJam-dpal-rdo-rje of Mongolia]
- Dri med śel phreṅ nas bśad paʼi sman gyi ʼkhruṅs dpe mdzes mtshar mig rgyan (An illustrated Tibeto-Mongolian materia medica of ayurveda of ʼJam-dpal-rdo-rje of Mongolia) is a Tibetan book of unbound loose-leaf pages in landscape format. It was written in the first half of the 19th century in Tibetan and Mongolian, with additional Chinese scripts, by ʼJam-dpal-rdo-rje (also known as Ye-śes-don-grub-bstan-paʼi-rgyal-mtshan). The work is primarily a Tibetan-Mongolian book in the Indic ayurveda tradition, with some Chinese references as well, and some captions in Chinese. The book contains drawings and explanations introducing materia medica. The illustrations depict plants, animals, vessels, human bodies, and so on, with some captions given in all three languages. The copy presented here was printed in 1911. The main text of this book ends at folio 93. It is followed on folio 95 by a dedicatory prayer.
- ʼJam-dpal-rdo-rje, 1792-1855 Author
Created / Published
- [Place of publication not identified] : [Publisher not identified], 1911.
- - China--Tibet
- - 1792 to 1855
- - Animals
- - Herbs
- - Materia medica
- - Medicine, Ayurvedic
- - Medicine, Chinese
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource at: National Library of China.
- - Content in Tibetan and Mongolian and Chinese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- - Title revised per Asian Division.--cc28 2023-01-06
- 1 online resource.
- Chinese Books, Manuscripts, Maps, and Prints
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
ʼJam-Dpal-Rdo-Rje, Author. An Illustrated Tibeto-Mongolian Materia Medica of Ayurveda of ʼJam-dpal-rdo-rje of Mongolia. [Place of publication not identified: Publisher not identified, 1911] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666896/.
APA citation style:
ʼJam-Dpal-Rdo-Rje, A. (1911) An Illustrated Tibeto-Mongolian Materia Medica of Ayurveda of ʼJam-dpal-rdo-rje of Mongolia. [Place of publication not identified: Publisher not identified] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021666896/.
MLA citation style:
ʼJam-Dpal-Rdo-Rje, Author. An Illustrated Tibeto-Mongolian Materia Medica of Ayurveda of ʼJam-dpal-rdo-rje of Mongolia. [Place of publication not identified: Publisher not identified, 1911] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021666896/>.