Book/Printed Material Calendar for the Years 1486 through 1504. Kalendarium perpetuum ad annos 1486--1504
About this Item
- Calendar for the Years 1486 through 1504.
- Kalendarium perpetuum ad annos 1486--1504
- This unique, single-leaf print is a rare fragment of the perpetual calendar in Latin for the years 1486 to 1504 issued by the Nuremberg printer Konrad, or Conrad, Zeninger in Venice in 1486. The page is printed with initials in red and black. It lists saints and their feast days. At the bottom is a table showing the predicted occurrence of different phases of the moon in different months and years. Fragments of pages from this work exist in two other libraries in Germany and Austria, but this page from the Slovak National Library is the best-preserved exemplar in the world. It is believed that the type for the calendar was created by Bernardino Giolito de' Ferrari, known as Bernardino Stagnino, a printer from northern Italy who was active in Venice between 1483 and 1538, and who often cooperated with printers and booksellers on the northern side of the Alps.
- Zeninger, Conrad, active 1480-1489 Printer.
Created / Published
- Venice : Conrad Zeninger, 1486.
- - Italy--Veneto--Venice
- - 1486
- - Calendars
- - Perpetual calendars
- - Saints
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 1 folio ; 318 x 462 millimeters.
- - Original resource at: Slovak National Library.
- - Content in Latin.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Zeninger, Conrad, Active Printer. Calendar for the Yearsthrough 1504. Venice: Conrad Zeninger, 1486. Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667057/.
APA citation style:
Zeninger, C. (1486) Calendar for the Yearsthrough 1504. Venice: Conrad Zeninger. [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667057/.
MLA citation style:
Zeninger, Conrad, Active Printer. Calendar for the Yearsthrough 1504. Venice: Conrad Zeninger, 1486. Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667057/>.