Book/Printed Material Book of Akbar.
About this Item
- Book of Akbar.
- Akbar Namah (Book of Akbar) is a historical discourse on Akbar's rule in India written by Ḥamīd ullah Shāhabādī Kashmirī, a reputed historian and poet of Kashmir, India. Jalaluddin Muhammad Akbar (1542--1605), also known as Akbar the Great, was a Mughal emperor who ruled India from 1556 to 1605. The manuscript was made by an unknown copyist in the 19th century. The fringe of the manuscript is adorned with gold inlaid on each page; the first page is specially decorated with gold inlaid floral designs. The manuscript contains three paintings, facing page 48, page 50, and page 63.
- ullah Shāhabādī Kashmirī, Ḥamīd Author.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1836-04-29.
- - India--Jammu and Kashmīr
- - 1556 to 1605
- - Akbar, Emperor of Hindustan, 1542-1605
- - Persian poetry
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 258 leaves ; 25 x 14 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: Allama Iqbal Library, University of Kashmir.
- - Content in Persian.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
- World History
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ullah Shāhabādī Kashmirī, Ḥamīd Author. Book of Akbar. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, -04-29, 1836] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667173/.
APA citation style:
Ullah Shāhabādī Kashmirī, Ḥ. A. (1836) Book of Akbar. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, -04-29] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667173/.
MLA citation style:
Ullah Shāhabādī Kashmirī, Ḥamīd Author. Book of Akbar. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, -04-29, 1836] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667173/>.