Book/Printed Material Explication of the Letter of Ibn Zaydūn.
About this Item
- Explication of the Letter of Ibn Zaydūn.
- This codex is a copy of a commentary on a letter by Abū al-Walīd Aḥmad Ibn Zaydūn al-Makhzūmī (1003-70), better known as Ibn Zaydūn, a nobleman and poet who was active in Spain at the time of the fall of the Umayyad Caliphate in 1031. Ibn Zaydūn was caught up in the political turmoil of the day and embroiled in many conflicts and rivalries. The commentary deals with a letter by Ibn Zaydūn concerning his feud with a minister named Ibn 'Abdūs, which stemmed from the rivalry of the two men for the affections of Wallada bint al-Mustakfī (994-1091), herself a well-known poet and the daughter of Caliph Muḥammad III of Cordoba. The manuscript is dated AH 1250 (AD 1834).
- ibn Wafa, Muhammad Scribe.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1834.
- - Lebanon--Al-Biqāʻ--Baʻlabakk
- - 1031 to 1091
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 287 pages ; 22.9 x 16.2 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: Holy Spirit University of Kaslik.
- - Content in Arabic.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
- Lebanese Maronite Order
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ibn Wafa, Muhammad Scribe. Explication of the Letter of Ibn Zaydūn. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1834] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667188/.
APA citation style:
Ibn Wafa, M. S. (1834) Explication of the Letter of Ibn Zaydūn. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667188/.
MLA citation style:
Ibn Wafa, Muhammad Scribe. Explication of the Letter of Ibn Zaydūn. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1834] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667188/>.