Book/Printed Material Spiritual Considerations on the Life of Saint Antony the Great.
About this Item
- Spiritual Considerations on the Life of Saint Antony the Great.
- This manuscript is an Arabic translation of a work on the life of Saint Antony, the early Egyptian ascetic, originally written in Latin by a Jesuit priest. The work was translated by a Maronite priest named Alexander "for the benefit of those who seek perfection in the Christian religion." It is made up of nine "considerations" or "contemplations" (ta'ammulat) on the saint's life. The text was copied at the Mar Qubriyanus Kfifan monastery in Lebanon. Saint Antony the Great (circa 251-356) was a prominent leader among the Desert Fathers of 3rd-century Egypt and is regarded as one of the founders of Christian monasticism.
- al-Šebābī, Aqlīmūs Transcriber.
- Alexander Translator.
- Francis Glossius (?) Author.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1864.
- - Lebanon--Al-Biqāʻ--Baʻlabakk
- - 250 to 356
- - Anthony, of Egypt, Saint, circa 250-355 or 6
- - Arabic manuscripts
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 95 folios : 18.5 x 11 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: Holy Spirit University of Kaslik.
- - Content in Arabic.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
- Lebanese Maronite Order
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Al-Šebābī, Aqlīmūs Transcriber, Alexander Translator, and Francis Glossius Author. Spiritual Considerations on the Life of Saint Antony the Great. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1864] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667218/.
APA citation style:
Al-Šebābī, A. T., Alexander Translator & Francis Glossius Author. (1864) Spiritual Considerations on the Life of Saint Antony the Great. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667218/.
MLA citation style:
Al-Šebābī, Aqlīmūs Transcriber, Alexander Translator, and Francis Glossius Author. Spiritual Considerations on the Life of Saint Antony the Great. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1864] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667218/>.