Book/Printed Material The Origin of Tenjin.
About this Item
- The Origin of Tenjin.
- This is a large illustrated manuscript book of the type called nara-ehon. It depicts the life of Sugawara Michizane (845-903), a leading court scholar, political figure, and literary man of the Heian period (794-1185). Nara-ehon are illustrated manuscripts or hand-printed books and scrolls that were produced from the Muromachi period (1336-1573) through the middle of the Edo period (1600-1867).
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], [1596 to 1615]
- - Japan
- - 800 to 999
- - Picture books
- - Sugawara, Michizane, 845-903
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 1 volume; 33.8 x 25 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Diet Library.
- - Content in Japanese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
The Origin of Tenjin. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1615, 1596] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667411/.
APA citation style:
(1596) The Origin of Tenjin. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1615] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667411/.
MLA citation style:
The Origin of Tenjin. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1615, 1596] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667411/>.