Book/Printed Material Yang shi lei tu dang (2) Yuan Ming Yuan jiu zhou qing yan di pan yang. 样式雷图档(2)圆明园九州清晏地盘样.
About this Item
- Yang shi lei tu dang (2) Yuan Ming Yuan jiu zhou qing yan di pan yang.
- Yangshi Lei Archives, 2. Plan of Jiuzhou Qingyan at Yuanmingyuan.
- Shown here is the site plan of the Hall of Jiuzhou Qingyan, one of the 40 scenic spots in Yuanmingyuan (the Old Summer Palace), a vast complex of gardens and palaces constructed in the 18th-19th centuries in the northwest suburbs of Beijing. It was situated between the front and back lakes and was the center of the Jiuzhou scenic region. Being the largest building group in the back lake area, it was originally a place for the lodging of the emperors and empresses. On a medial axis the plan shows, from south to north, the Three Halls of Yuanmingyuan: the Hall of Yuanmingyuan, the Hall of Fengsan Wusi, and the Hall of Jiuzhou Qingyan. The name of Jiuzhou Qingyan implies peace, tranquility, and continuity throughout China, with the world at peace. The plan is executed in color. The names of all the halls and rooms are labelled in yellow. The Yangshi Lei Archives contain architectural plans, models, and documents of the Lei family, who for some 200 years during the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911) were designers of imperial buildings, tombs, and gardens.
- Lei, Yangshi Architect.
Created / Published
- [Place of publication not identified] : [Publisher not identified], [1860 to 1908]
- - China--Beijing--Beijing
- - 1860 to 1908
- - Architectural drawings
- - Architecture, Chinese
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 1 sheet; 70 x 134 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of China.
- - Content in Chinese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- - Title revised per Asian Division.--cc28 2023-01-06
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Lei, Yangshi Architect. Yang shi lei tu dang 2 Yuan Ming Yuan jiu zhou qing yan di pan yang. [Place of publication not identified: Publisher not identified, to 1908, 1860] Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667451/.
APA citation style:
Lei, Y. A. (1860) Yang shi lei tu dang 2 Yuan Ming Yuan jiu zhou qing yan di pan yang. [Place of publication not identified: Publisher not identified, to 1908] [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667451/.
MLA citation style:
Lei, Yangshi Architect. Yang shi lei tu dang 2 Yuan Ming Yuan jiu zhou qing yan di pan yang. [Place of publication not identified: Publisher not identified, to 1908, 1860] Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667451/>.