Book/Printed Material Menaion for June-August with Synaxarion.
About this Item
- Menaion for June-August with Synaxarion.
- This parchment manuscript of the Menaion for June--August with synaxarion (a collection of brief biographies of the saints) can be dated to the second half of the 13th century. It is important as the earliest known manuscript to include the service of Saint Ioakim Osogovski (Joachim of Osogovo), hermit and founder of the monastery known as Sarandapor. His memory, celebrated on August 16, was popular in Bulgaria and elsewhere in the Balkans during the Middle Ages and in the period of the Bulgarian National Revival of the 18th and 19th centuries. The manuscript most likely originated in the monastery of Saint Ioakim Osogovski-Sarandapor (located in the present-day Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia). The beginning and the end of the codex are missing.
Created / Published
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia : Monastery of Saint Ioakim Osogovski-Sarandapor, [1250 to 1299]
- - Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- - 1250 to 1299
- - Biography
- - Calendars
- - Codex
- - Liturgies
- - Orthodox Eastern Church
- - Saints
- - Synaxarion
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 114 leaves ; 265 x 180 millimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Bulgaria.
- - Content in Church Slavic.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Menaion for June-August with Synaxarion. [Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Monastery of Saint Ioakim Osogovski-Sarandapor, to 1299, 1250] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667515/.
APA citation style:
(1250) Menaion for June-August with Synaxarion. [Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Monastery of Saint Ioakim Osogovski-Sarandapor, to 1299] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667515/.
MLA citation style:
Menaion for June-August with Synaxarion. [Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia: Monastery of Saint Ioakim Osogovski-Sarandapor, to 1299, 1250] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667515/>.