Book/Printed Material Partial Hebrew Bible.
About this Item
- Partial Hebrew Bible.
- This manuscript, possibly a remnant of a complete Hebrew Bible, includes books from the Nevi'im (Prophets) as well as the books of Chronicles and Psalms from the Ketuvim (Hagiographa or writings) section of the Bible. (The tripartite division of the Hebrew Bible includes the Torah, the Prophets, and the Hagiographa.) It includes full vocalization and accentuation, as well as some Masorah Parva notes. The latter are very brief notes on the side margins or between columns, which are part of the Masorah, the collection of critical notes, compiled in the 7th--10th centuries by Jewish scribes and scholars known as the Masoretes and accepted as the authoritative regulator of the written and vocalized transmission of the Hebrew Bible. The manuscript is on parchment, in Ashkenazi square script, with two columns per page and 28--30 lines per column. The leather binding was added by an apparently Christian owner of the manuscript in France in the beginning of the 18th century.
Created / Published
- Germany : [publisher not identified], 1280.
- - Germany
- - 1280
- - Bible
- - Bible. New Testament
- - Masorah
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 424 leaves : parchment ; 26.5 x 33 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Israel.
- - Content in Hebrew.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Partial Hebrew Bible. [Germany: Publisher Not Identified, 1280] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667537/.
APA citation style:
(1280) Partial Hebrew Bible. [Germany: Publisher Not Identified] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667537/.
MLA citation style:
Partial Hebrew Bible. [Germany: Publisher Not Identified, 1280] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667537/>.