Book/Printed Material Columbus Manuscript. Manuscrito colombino
About this Item
- Columbus Manuscript.
- Manuscrito colombino
- In this manuscript, enscribed Cadiz, Spain, November 20, 1493, Christopher Columbus describes the new lands he has discovered, which he calls the East Indies. The manuscript is written on linen paper and bears a watermark. In 1978, the eminent historian Edmundo O'Gorman authenticated the document and backed its acquisition by CONDUMEX.
- Columbus, Christopher Author.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1493-11-20.
- - Spain--Andalucía--Cádiz
- - Mexico
- - 1493
- - Columbus, Christopher
- - Exploration and encounters
- - Mesoamerica
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 30 x 20 centimeters on linen.
- - Original resource at: Center for the Study of the History of Mexico CARSO.
- - Content in Spanish.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Columbus, Christopher Author. Columbus Manuscript. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, -11-20, 1493] Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667587/.
APA citation style:
Columbus, C. A. (1493) Columbus Manuscript. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, -11-20] [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667587/.
MLA citation style:
Columbus, Christopher Author. Columbus Manuscript. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, -11-20, 1493] Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667587/>.