Book/Printed Material Description of a Trip to Canton 1746-1749. Beskrivning av en resa till Kanton 1746-1749
About this Item
- Description of a Trip to Canton 1746-1749.
- Beskrivning av en resa till Kanton 1746-1749
- From 1746 to 1749, the Swedish rigged brig Götha Lejon sailed on a mercantile mission to Canton. Several accounts of what transpired have survived. This handwritten journal has been attributed to Carl Fredrik von Schantz (1727-92). Another account of the mission of Götha Lejon was compiled by Carl Johan Gethe (1728-65).
- Schantz, Carl Fredrik von, 1727-1792 Creator.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], [1746 to 1749]
- - China--Guangdong Province--Guangzhou
- - Spain--Andalucía--Cádiz
- - Spain--Canary Islands--Tenerife
- - Indonesia--Java
- - 1746 to 1749
- - Description and travel
- - Diaries
- - East India Company
- - Götha Leijon, ship
- - Trading companies
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 160 pages, color illustrations.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Sweden.
- - Content in Swedish.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Schantz, Carl Fredrik Von, Creator. Description of a Trip to Canton -1749. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1749, 1746] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667603/.
APA citation style:
Schantz, C. F. V. (1746) Description of a Trip to Canton -1749. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1749] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667603/.
MLA citation style:
Schantz, Carl Fredrik Von, Creator. Description of a Trip to Canton -1749. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1749, 1746] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667603/>.