Book/Printed Material Anatomical Fugitive Sheets of a Skeleton, Male Figure and a Female Figure.
About this Item
- Anatomical Fugitive Sheets of a Skeleton, Male Figure and a Female Figure.
- These woodcut anatomical sheets of male and female figures, published in Germany in 1573, reflect the state of anatomical knowledge at that time. The explanatory texts on each sheet are in Latin, with some names of anatomical parts also given in Greek. The sheets use movable flaps that can be raised to show cut-aways of the viscera attached beneath. The sheets have accessory figures that depict various parts of the body, with corresponding explanatory texts.
Created / Published
- Wittenburg : [publisher not identified], 1573.
- - Germany--Saxony-Anhalt--Wittenberg
- - 1573
- - Human anatomy
- - Human skeleton
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 3 sheets: illustrated (woodcut); 37 x 31 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: Wellcome Library.
- - Content in Modern Greek (1453-) and Latin.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Anatomical Fugitive Sheets of a Skeleton, Male Figure and a Female Figure. [Wittenburg: Publisher Not Identified, 1573] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667643/.
APA citation style:
(1573) Anatomical Fugitive Sheets of a Skeleton, Male Figure and a Female Figure. [Wittenburg: Publisher Not Identified] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667643/.
MLA citation style:
Anatomical Fugitive Sheets of a Skeleton, Male Figure and a Female Figure. [Wittenburg: Publisher Not Identified, 1573] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667643/>.