Book/Printed Material Collection of Canons.
About this Item
- Collection of Canons.
- This Armenian manuscript is a collection of canons (regulations or dogma as laid down by a church council). It is dated 1710 and exhibits the script known as nōtrgir (late minuscule). Each page has a clear border and 25 straight lines in one column. The manuscript is in good condition throughout, but some evidence of text repair can be seen on page 261. There are very many page decorations, human representations, and birds. Nōtrgir, a later minuscule script dominant in Armenian from the 17th century, differs from Armenian uncial or erkat'agir (the oldest Armenian script, in use until the 11th century) and miniscule or bolorgir (introduced in the 10th century and predominant in the 13th--16th centuries).
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1710.
- - Lebanon--Al-Biqāʻ--Baʻlabakk
- - 1710 to 1799
- - Canon law
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 186 pages ; 18 x 14 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: Near East School of Theology.
- - Content in Armenian.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
- NEST Library
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Collection of Canons. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1710] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667688/.
APA citation style:
(1710) Collection of Canons. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667688/.
MLA citation style:
Collection of Canons. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1710] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667688/>.