Book/Printed Material Gospel Concordance.
About this Item
- Gospel Concordance.
- This 1635 Gospel concordance in Armenian was written, illuminated, and bound at the Holy Savior's Monastery in Nor Jugha (now called Julfa), the Armenian quarter of Isfahan (in present-day Iran). Isfahan was at that time the capital of Safavid Persia. The book is finely illuminated with four portraits of the evangelists, along with vignettes, headpieces, and decorated initials that are either zoomorphic or anthropomorphic in form. The miniatures on the first seven pages are later additions by a different hand. The manuscript is one of the highlights of the collection of 128 Armenian manuscripts held by the Berlin State Library--Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation in Berlin.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1635.
- - Iran, Islamic Republic of--Āzarbāyjān-e Sharqī--Jolfā
- - 1635
- - Bible
- - Illuminations
- - Miniatures (Illuminations)
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 310 folios.
- - Original resource at: Berlin State Library - Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation.
- - Content in Armenian.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
- World History
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gospel Concordance. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1635] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667737/.
APA citation style:
(1635) Gospel Concordance. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667737/.
MLA citation style:
Gospel Concordance. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1635] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667737/>.