Book/Printed Material Minor Works of Dante Alighieri. Rime
About this Item
- Minor Works of Dante Alighieri.
- This small manuscript, dating to the late-15th century, in Renaissance script, contains poems from the Rime (Rhymes) by the great Italian poet Dante Alighieri (1265--1321). These are so-called minor works that are distinguished from Dante's Vita nuova (The new life), his book of sonnets recounting his early love for Beatrice, and his all-encompassing allegorical masterpiece, La divina commedia (The divine comedy). On the front cover is a 15th-century note, now almost totally faded, which states: "Di Cosimo de' Medici e degli Amici" (Belonging to Cosimo de' Medici and his friends). The manuscript is bound in a composite codex that gathers together five manuscripts of different ages (dating from the end of the 13th century to circa 1521) and provenance, and which are also dissimilar in layout, graphic style, and format.
- Dante Alighieri, 1265-1321 Author.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], [1450 to 1499]
- - Italy
- - 1280 to 1321
- - Codex
- - Illuminations
- - Italian poetry
- - Literature, Medieval
- - Poetry
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - "Shelfmark: ms. H.VI.31"--Note extracted from World Digital Library.
- - Original resource extent: 48 folios ; parchment with illuminations ; 135 x 89 millimeters.
- - Reference extracted from World Digital Library: Biblioteca comunale degli Intronati, The Biblioteca comunale degli Intronati for The James Madison Council: manuscripts, incunables, drawings and prints (Siena: 2011).
- - Original resource at: Municipal Library Intronati.
- - Content in Italian.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
- Illuminated Manuscripts from Europe
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Dante Alighieri, Author. Minor Works of Dante Alighieri. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1499, 1450] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667841/.
APA citation style:
Dante Alighieri, A. (1450) Minor Works of Dante Alighieri. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1499] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021667841/.
MLA citation style:
Dante Alighieri, Author. Minor Works of Dante Alighieri. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1499, 1450] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021667841/>.