Book/Printed Material Hergé's Signature on La Compagnie Paquet's Guest Book.
About this Item
- Hergé's Signature on La Compagnie Paquet's Guest Book.
- Shown here is Hergé's signature in La Compagnie Paquet's guest book. Hergé is the pen name of Georges Rémi (1907--83), the Belgian cartoonist who created the character Tintin and was the author of Les Aventures de Tintin (The adventures of Tintin) series of comic books. Founded in 1850 by Zéphirin Paquet, La Compagnie Paquet was one of Quebec's most successful retail businesses of the 20th century. During its 131 years of operation, the company was led by four generations of Paquet and Laurin. In the 1950s, it employed more than 800 people in its store on Saint-Joseph Street in the neighborhood of Saint-Roch, at its shipping facility, and at its various branches. The company sold a bit of everything: dry goods, bedding, clothing and accessories, furniture, grocery, hardware, and so forth. Much like other companies, La Compagnie Paquet kept a guest book for visitors who took part in special events. Hergé's visit for a book-signing event in the spring of 1965 was undoubtedly one of the most memorable of those events.
- Hergé, 1907-1983 Illustrator.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1965-04-15.
- - Belgium
- - Canada--Quebec--Québec
- - 1965-04-15
- - Authors
- - Authors, Belgian
- - Caricatures and cartoons
- - Comic books, strips, etc
- - Compagnie Paquet (Québec)
- - Hergé, 1907-1983
- - Illustrators
- - Signatures (Writing)
- - Tintin (Fictitious character)
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 1 page : illustration.
- - Original resource at: National Library and Archives of Quebec.
- - Content in French.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hergé, Illustrator. Hergé's Signature on La Compagnie Paquet's Guest Book. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, -04-15, 1965] Image. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668143/.
APA citation style:
Hergé, I. (1965) Hergé's Signature on La Compagnie Paquet's Guest Book. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, -04-15] [Image] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668143/.
MLA citation style:
Hergé, Illustrator. Hergé's Signature on La Compagnie Paquet's Guest Book. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, -04-15, 1965] Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668143/>.