Map Qing dai huang he he gong tu 清代黄河河工圖
About this Item
- Qing dai huang he he gong tu
- Qing Dynasty Map of the Yellow River Embankment Project.
- Presented here is Qing dai Huanghe he gong tu (Qing dynasty map of the Yellow River Embankment Project), created by Cha Yun (died January 4,1898), a deputy inspector for river administration during the Tongzhi reign (1862-74) of the Qing dynasty. Many maps of rivers and river administration were made during the Qing, directly related to the history of the Qing dynasty river conservancy. This map was made using images that depict, vividly and in great detail, the river features such as dikes during the Tongzhi reign, as well as prefectures, districts, counties, and villages. The map covers the Yellow River from Tongguan of Shaanxi to Lijin of Shandong. It is an officially authorized map and an important source for studying the Yellow River conservancy during the Qing dynasty.
- Cha, Yun, died 1898 Cartographer.
Created / Published
- Kaifeng, Henan : [Publisher not identified], [1861 to 1875]
- - China--Shaanxi Province--Tongguan
- - China--Shandong Province--Lijin
- - 1861 to 1875
- - Canals
- - Rivers
- - Villages
- - Yellow River (China)
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 2 volumes ; 25.8 x 272.8 centimeters and 25.8 x 124 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of China.
- - Content in Chinese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- - Title revised per Asian Division.--cc28 2023-01-06
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cha, Yun, Died 1898 Cartographer. Qing Dai Huang He He Gong Tu. [Kaifeng, Henan: Publisher not identified, to 1875, 1861] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668284/.
APA citation style:
Cha, Y. (1861) Qing Dai Huang He He Gong Tu. [Kaifeng, Henan: Publisher not identified, to 1875] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668284/.
MLA citation style:
Cha, Yun, Died 1898 Cartographer. Qing Dai Huang He He Gong Tu. [Kaifeng, Henan: Publisher not identified, to 1875, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668284/>.