Map Part of the Coast of Brazil. Parte da costa do Brasil
About this Item
- Part of the Coast of Brazil.
- Parte da costa do Brasil
- This pen-and-ink drawing on parchment shows the southeastern coast of Brazil, from Pernambuco in the north to Rio Grande do Sul in the south. The map focuses on the coastline and labels coastal towns as well as the provinces. The map is attributed to Antonio José Araújo.
- Araújo, Antonio José Cartographer.
Created / Published
- Bahia of All Saints [Salvador] : [publisher not identified], 1799.
- - Brazil--Rio de Janeiro
- - Brazil--Santa Catarina
- - 1799
- - Atlantic Coast (Brazil)
- - Manuscript maps
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 1 pen-and-ink manuscript map on parchment; 75 x 68 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Brazil.
- - Content in Portuguese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Araújo, Antonio José Cartographer. Part of the Coast of Brazil. [Bahia of All Saints Salvador: publisher not identified, 1799] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668322/.
APA citation style:
Araújo, A. J. C. (1799) Part of the Coast of Brazil. [Bahia of All Saints Salvador: publisher not identified] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668322/.
MLA citation style:
Araújo, Antonio José Cartographer. Part of the Coast of Brazil. [Bahia of All Saints Salvador: publisher not identified, 1799] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668322/>.