Map Plan of the Brazilian Coast from Sohipe to São João Island. Plano da Costa do Brasil desde o Sohipe athê a ilha de S. João
About this Item
- Plan of the Brazilian Coast from Sohipe to São João Island.
- Plano da Costa do Brasil desde o Sohipe athê a ilha de S. João
- This manuscript nautical map shows a stretch of the Brazilian coast from the town of Sohipe to São João Island. This coastline today is part of the state of Bahia. Bahia has Brazil's country's longest coastline and, during the early colonial period, boasted several important export centers. Features indicated on the map include water-depths, coastal rocks and shoals, and prevailing currents.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1750.
- - Brazil--Bahia
- - 1750
- - Manuscript maps
- - Nautical charts
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 1 manuscript map ; 48.5 x 70 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Brazil.
- - Content in Portuguese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Plan of the Brazilian Coast from Sohipe to São João Island. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1750] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668337/.
APA citation style:
(1750) Plan of the Brazilian Coast from Sohipe to São João Island. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668337/.
MLA citation style:
Plan of the Brazilian Coast from Sohipe to São João Island. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1750] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668337/>.