Map Map of the Rio Grande of Parana with All Its Turns. Plano do Rio Gr. de Paranâ com todas as suas voltas
About this Item
- Map of the Rio Grande of Parana with All Its Turns.
- Plano do Rio Gr. de Paranâ com todas as suas voltas
- This pen-and-ink map shows the course of the Paraná River, the second longest river in South America after the Amazon. In the language of the indigenous Tupi people, Paraná means "like the sea." From its source in Brazil, the Paraná flows through Paraguay and Argentina before entering the Atlantic Ocean at the border between Argentina and Uruguay.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], [1700 to 1799]
- - Brazil
- - 1700 to 1799
- - Iguatemi River
- - Manuscript maps
- - Rivers
- - Tietê River
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 1 pen-and-ink and manuscript map ; 26.5 x 35.7 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Brazil.
- - Content in Portuguese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Map of the Rio Grande of Parana with All Its Turns. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1799, 1700] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668355/.
APA citation style:
(1700) Map of the Rio Grande of Parana with All Its Turns. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1799] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668355/.
MLA citation style:
Map of the Rio Grande of Parana with All Its Turns. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1799, 1700] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668355/>.