Map Region Between Amazon River and São Paulo. Região compreendida entre o rio Amazonas e São Paulo
About this Item
- Region Between Amazon River and São Paulo.
- Região compreendida entre o rio Amazonas e São Paulo
- This pen-and-ink watercolor map shows the course of the Amazon River, including its minor tributaries and the towns located along its banks. Although much of the area along the Amazon was controlled by indigenous people through the early colonial period, settlers established towns along the riverbanks to support trade and exploration into Brazil's interior. The largest of these towns was Belem, which appears on the map.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1722.
- - Brazil
- - 1722
- - Amazon River
- - Atlantic Coast (Brazil)
- - Indians of South America
- - Manuscript maps
- - Paraguay River
- - Rivers
- - São Francisco River
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 1 pen-and-ink and watercolor manuscript map; 55 x 65.5 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Brazil.
- - Content in Portuguese.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Region Between Amazon River and São Paulo. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1722] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668358/.
APA citation style:
(1722) Region Between Amazon River and São Paulo. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668358/.
MLA citation style:
Region Between Amazon River and São Paulo. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1722] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668358/>.