Map The Bay of All Saints. Sinus Omnium Sanctoru[m]
About this Item
- The Bay of All Saints.
- Sinus Omnium Sanctoru[m]
- This map by Joan Blaeu (1596-1673), one of the most important Dutch cartographers, shows the Bay of All Saints off the coast of Brazil. The bay was named by Amerigo Vespucci, who is said to have entered it on All Saints' Day, November 1, in the year 1501. Located on the bay is the city of Salvador.
- Blaeu, Joan, 1596-1673 Cartographer.
Created / Published
- Amsterdam, Holland : J. Blaeve, [1664 to 1665]
- - Brazil
- - 1664 to 1665
- - All Saints Bay (Brazil)
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 1 color map; 39 x 51.3 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Brazil.
- - Content in Latin.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blaeu, Joan, Cartographer. The Bay of All Saints. [Amsterdam, Holland: J. Blaeve, to 1665, 1664] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668366/.
APA citation style:
Blaeu, J. (1664) The Bay of All Saints. [Amsterdam, Holland: J. Blaeve, to 1665] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668366/.
MLA citation style:
Blaeu, Joan, Cartographer. The Bay of All Saints. [Amsterdam, Holland: J. Blaeve, to 1665, 1664] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668366/>.