Map Map of Mexico City. Plano de la ciudad de México
About this Item
- Map of Mexico City.
- Plano de la ciudad de México
- Dated 1720, this map was produced by the government of Mexico City in order to improve urban sanitation through the collection of garbage. It shows the central part of the city in detail, including names of streets, plazas, hospitals, hospices, columns, small squares, arches, and other places.
- Alvarez, Antonio Cartographer.
- Rivera, Miguel Creator.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1720.
- - Mexico--Distrito Federal--Mexico City
- - 1720
- - New Spain
- - Sanitation
- - Spain--Colonies
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: Ink on paper 59 x 42 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: Center for the Study of the History of Mexico CARSO.
- - Content in Spanish.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Alvarez, Antonio Cartographer, and Miguel Creator Rivera. Map of Mexico City. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1720] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668414/.
APA citation style:
Alvarez, A. C. & Rivera, M. C. (1720) Map of Mexico City. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668414/.
MLA citation style:
Alvarez, Antonio Cartographer, and Miguel Creator Rivera. Map of Mexico City. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, 1720] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668414/>.