Map Products of Mexico and Central America.
About this Item
- Products of Mexico and Central America.
- This black-and-white sketch map showing the products of Mexico and Central America was prepared for publication in the Bulletin of the Pan American Union. It is now preserved in the Columbus Memorial Library of the Organization of American States, successor organization to the Pan American Union. Typed or written on the map are the locations of centers of both agricultural and mineral production. The map shows mineral production located mainly in Mexico, with asphalt, coal, gold, lead, petroleum, precious stones (opals), quicksilver (mercury), and silver listed. Mexico is also shown as a major agricultural producer--of beans, corn, cotton, medicinal plants, rice, wheat, and other crops as well as cattle. Tropical products, including bananas, cacao, coconuts, coffee, tropical woods, and rubber predominate in Central America. The map also shows production patterns in the Caribbean countries of Cuba, Haiti, the Dominican Republic, and the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico, where sugar and tobacco are major crops.
Created / Published
- [place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], [1925 to 1950]
- - United States of America
- - 1925 to 1950
- - Agriculture
- - Mines and mineral resources
- - Petroleum industry
- - Trade
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - Original resource extent: 1 map : mounted on linen ; 30 x 47 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: Columbus Memorial Library, Organization of American States.
- - Content in English.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Products of Mexico and Central America. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1950, 1925] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668476/.
APA citation style:
(1925) Products of Mexico and Central America. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1950] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668476/.
MLA citation style:
Products of Mexico and Central America. [Place of Publication Not Identified: Publisher Not Identified, to 1950, 1925] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668476/>.