Map Bugondo, Uganda. Bugondo, Uganda, 1: 50,000
About this Item
- Bugondo, Uganda.
- Bugondo, Uganda, 1: 50,000
- This map of Bugondo is a 1976 reprint, with minor alterations, of a map originally issued in 1963 by the Uganda Department of Lands and Surveys, based on aerial photography carried out in December 1959-January 1960 by the Department of Technical Cooperation (Directorate of Overseas Surveys) of the British government. Uganda was a British protectorate from the 1890s until independence in 1962. Bugondo Sub-County is located in the southwestern part of Soroti District and is bordered on the north and west by Lake Kyoga and Lake Kojweri. Sites indicated on this extremely detailed map include a cotton market, cotton stores, an agricultural experimental station, and a leper colony. Individual huts are identified by small dots. Also shown are physical features, including transport infrastructure, swampland, plantations, and scrub and woodland. An index grid in the lower left identifies adjoining sheets to this survey map. The scale of the map is 1:50,000.
- Fairey Air Surveys Limited Contributor.
- Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate Contributor.
- Uganda Copyright Holder.
- Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys Creator.
Created / Published
- Entebbe, Uganda : Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys, 1976.
- - Uganda--Eastern
- - 1976
- - Lakes and ponds
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - "From the Uganda National Fisheries Resources Research Institute. Digitized at the National Library of Uganda with support from the Carnegie Corporation of New York."--Note extracted from World Digital Library.
- - Original resource extent: 1 map ; 82 x 64 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Uganda.
- - Content in English.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fairey Air Surveys Limited Contributor, Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate Contributor, Uganda Copyright Holder, and Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Creator. Bugondo, Uganda. Entebbe, Uganda: Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys, 1976. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668564/.
APA citation style:
Fairey Air Surveys Limited Contributor, Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate Contributor, Uganda Copyright Holder & Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Creator. (1976) Bugondo, Uganda. Entebbe, Uganda: Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668564/.
MLA citation style:
Fairey Air Surveys Limited Contributor, et al. Bugondo, Uganda. Entebbe, Uganda: Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys, 1976. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668564/>.