Map Budadiri, Uganda. Budadiri: Uganda 1: 50,000
About this Item
- Budadiri, Uganda.
- Budadiri: Uganda 1: 50,000
- This map of the Budadiri region of Uganda was issued by the Uganda Department of Lands and Surveys in 1963 and is based on field survey data and on aerial surveys carried out in 1959 and 1960. Budadiri is in the eastern part of the country, on the border with Kenya. The region encompasses the western foothills of Mount Elgon, an extinct volcano with a vast caldera that is located in Uganda and Kenya and rises to more than 4,000 meters above sea level. The dense contour lines on the map indicate the steep terrain. Much of the eastern part of the area shown on the map is occupied by the Mount Elgon Central Forest Reserve, which in 1992 became the Ugandan part of Mount Elgon National Park. Sites indicated along the main gravel-surfaced road include schools, churches and missions, a dispensary, a prison and prison farm, and installations linked to the local coffee-producing economy. Individual dwellings on this extremely detailed survey map are indicated by dots. An index grid in the lower left identifies adjoining sheets to this map, including maps of parts of neighboring Kenya. The map scale is 1:50,000. Distances are shown in kilometers and miles; elevations are in feet.
- Fairey Air Surveys Limited Contributor.
- Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate Contributor.
- Great Britain. Royal Air Force Contributor.
- Uganda Copyright Holder.
- Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys Creator.
Created / Published
- Entebbe, Uganda : Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys, 1963.
- - Uganda
- - 1963
- - Mount Elgon National Park (Uganda)
- - National parks and reserves
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - "From the Uganda National Fisheries Resources Research Institute. Digitized at the National Library of Uganda with support from the Carnegie Corporation of New York."--Note extracted from World Digital Library.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Uganda.
- - Content in English.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Fairey Air Surveys Limited Contributor, Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate Contributor, Great Britain. Royal Air Force Contributor, Uganda Copyright Holder, and Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Creator. Budadiri, Uganda. Entebbe, Uganda: Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys, 1963. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668569/.
APA citation style:
Fairey Air Surveys Limited Contributor, Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate Contributor, Great Britain. Royal Air Force Contributor, Uganda Copyright Holder & Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Creator. (1963) Budadiri, Uganda. Entebbe, Uganda: Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668569/.
MLA citation style:
Fairey Air Surveys Limited Contributor, et al. Budadiri, Uganda. Entebbe, Uganda: Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys, 1963. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668569/>.