Map Mulabana, Uganda. Mulabana: Uganda 1: 50,000
About this Item
- Mulabana, Uganda.
- Mulabana: Uganda 1: 50,000
- This map of Mulabana, Sese County, Masaka District, Buganda Province in Uganda Protectorate (present-day Uganda) was issued in 1961 by the Uganda Lands and Surveys Department. It was compiled and drawn by the Directorate of Overseas Surveys, Department of Technical Cooperation in the British government based on field survey data and on aerial photography conducted by the British Royal Air Force in 1950. Mulabana is an island in the Sese Islands archipelago (also seen as Ssese) in the northwestern part of Lake Victoria, and most of the map is taken up by the waters of the lake. Shown are rocks, points, and other natural features. A number of smaller islands to the south and southeast of Mulabana--the Kansove Islets and Linga, Katanga, Buturume, and Lujabwa Islands--also are shown. The region of the map is just south of the equator, ranging from 0°30' to 0°45'. An index grid in the lower left identifies adjoining sheets to this detailed survey map. The map scale is 1:50,000. This area is known for its outstanding commercial and sport fishing.
- Great Britain Copyright Holder.
- Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate Contributor.
- Great Britain. Royal Air Force Contributor.
- Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys Creator.
Created / Published
- Entebbe, Uganda : Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys, 1961.
- - Uganda--Central
- - 1961
- - Sese Islands (Uganda)
- - Victoria, Lake
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - "From the Uganda National Fisheries Resources Research Institute. Digitized at the National Library of Uganda with support from the Carnegie Corporation of New York."--Note extracted from World Digital Library.
- - Original resource extent: 1 map ; 81 x 63 centimeters.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Uganda.
- - Content in English.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Great Britain Copyright Holder, Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate Contributor, Great Britain. Royal Air Force Contributor, and Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Creator. Mulabana, Uganda. Entebbe, Uganda: Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys, 1961. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668574/.
APA citation style:
Great Britain Copyright Holder, Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate Contributor, Great Britain. Royal Air Force Contributor & Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Creator. (1961) Mulabana, Uganda. Entebbe, Uganda: Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668574/.
MLA citation style:
Great Britain Copyright Holder, et al. Mulabana, Uganda. Entebbe, Uganda: Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys, 1961. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668574/>.