Map Lake Nabugabo, Uganda, East Africa.
About this Item
- Lake Nabugabo, Uganda, East Africa.
- This map of Lake Nabugabo, Uganda, was issued in 1963 by the Uganda Department of Lands and Surveys, based on field survey data, aerial photography, and earlier maps. Shown are built-up areas, roads, huts and villages, railroads, airfields, telegraph lines, churches and mosques, ancient sites, and international, regional, district, and other boundaries. Symbols are used to indicate natural features and different types of terrain, including forest, thicket, bamboo, plantation, and several types of swamp. Until about 5,000 years ago, Lake Nabugabo was a part of Lake Victoria, from which it was gradually separated by a buildup of sand dunes resulting from strong westerly winds. The narrow strip of swampland between the two lakes is shown on the map. The scale is 1:50,000. In the lower-right-hand corner is an inset map of the town of Mukungwe, located on the western side of Lake Nabugabo. This region includes the 22,000-hectare Lake Nabugabo wetland district, which is listed on the Ramsar List of Wetlands of International Importance, established under a convention adopted in Ramsar, Iran, in 1971 by the International Conference on Wetlands and Waterfowl.
- Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate Contributor.
- Hunting Aerosurveys Limited Contributor.
- Uganda Copyright Holder.
- Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys Creator.
Created / Published
- Entebbe, Uganda : Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys, 1963.
- - Uganda--Central
- - 1963
- - Lake Nabugabo (Uganda)
- - Victoria, Lake
- - Title devised, in English, by Library staff.
- - "From the Uganda National Fisheries Resources Research Institute. Digitized at the National Library of Uganda with support from the Carnegie Corporation of New York."--Note extracted from World Digital Library.
- - Original resource at: National Library of Uganda.
- - Content in English.
- - Description based on data extracted from World Digital Library, which may be extracted from partner institutions.
- 1 online resource.
Library of Congress Control Number
- compressed data
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate
- Hunting Aerosurveys Limited
- Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate Contributor, Hunting Aerosurveys Limited Contributor, Uganda Copyright Holder, and Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Creator. Lake Nabugabo, Uganda, East Africa. Entebbe, Uganda: Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys, 1963. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668580/.
APA citation style:
Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate Contributor, Hunting Aerosurveys Limited Contributor, Uganda Copyright Holder & Uganda. Department Of Lands And Surveys Creator. (1963) Lake Nabugabo, Uganda, East Africa. Entebbe, Uganda: Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2021668580/.
MLA citation style:
Great Britain. Overseas Surveys Directorate Contributor, et al. Lake Nabugabo, Uganda, East Africa. Entebbe, Uganda: Uganda. Department of Lands and Surveys, 1963. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2021668580/>.